Thursday, August 14, 2014

30 Days to Hands on Play Challenge; Day 2




Day 2:  build a fort.

So today, we took a walk into my childhood. I remember building huge forts that spanned the length of my neighbor's basement. Chairs, blankets, tables, whatever we could find. And then we would make toast with cartoon characters pressed into it. Does anyone remember that? Ah, memories.

Today, though, we just pulled out the ottoman and draped a large blanket across the opening. Despite my crawling on the floor, Bunny had no interested in being under the blanket. The fun for her lied in jumping into it and rolling around in the open space.


And herein lies the lesson, the exact reason we are doing this challenge. She didn't play in the fort in the traditional way but there was no need for me to direct her to do so. She was having so much fun it didn't matter.

Find the joy in the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment